VolunteerIf you are a pet owner, you and your pet can register with us
We are looking for dogs that are –
- Healthy with up to date vaccination
- Friendly and Outgoing
- Obedient, preferably trained in basic commands
- Should be able to work around with other dogs, free from dog to dog aggression
- Should enjoy being with people, being touched, should have a stable temperament and should be free of fear
- Must remain calm in new situations with distractions
Steps for joining:
1. Download our volunteer registration form
2. Contact us and take an appointment with our volunteer coordinator for a temperament test of your dog.
3. If you dog pass the temperament test, submit the filled form along with the required documents and registration fees.
4. Email a photo of you with your pet and two individual photos of your pet on email@example.com
5. Take an appointment for your orientation session
6. Collect you t-shirt and ID
7. Our volunteer coordinator will cont act you when required for visiting projects
As a volunteer and a therapy dog handler you will be required to –
- Commit whatever time possible towards a particular project
- In case you are not able to attend the session, please inform the facility/coordinator a day in advance. Avoid last minute cancellations
- To bring your pet to the sessions and handle the pet on your own
- Care for your pet – never leave your pet unattended, always take this water bowl and treats.
- Take initiative to create awareness about our work
If you want to volunteer without a dog
- If you are a student doing your graduation/post graduation in psychology, counseling, special education – you can volunteer with us on interesting projects or take an internship program with us.
- If you are a professional working in the field or mental or medical health -you can collaborate with us on our projects.
- Be a therapy dog handler
- Spread the word – make presentations
- Help us in fund raising
CollaborateHealth care facility , hospital, special school
If you are a health care center / old age home / special school / support group / counseling center or from a clinical setup
- We can start an AAT / AAA / AAE program at your center
- We can conduct an orientation workshop for your sta ff
If you are school, college, university, psychiatric association, doctor’s association, support group
- We can conduct an orientation work shop for your students/members on AAT
- We can provide internships to your students
- Train your candidates in AAT
- If you have any other collaboration in mind, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Spread the wordPet stores / veterinary
If you are a pet store, grooming center, pet community, veterinary doctor/clinic, into any pet related business or simply an animal lover who believes in the healing power of animals and would like to help us spread the word about the human-animal bond, you can –
- Download our promotional posters and put them up on your store / clinic.
- Sign up as a volunteer and make presentations about our work in your community.